Friday 25 November 2011

Value Alert: Laura Mercier Holiday 2011


Laura Mercier Luxe Colour Portfolio RM 375 ( Limited Edition )
( Total Value RM 900+ )

Girls, this is an impromptu post which I just have to share this with you. As all of know, the holiday season is drawing near and all major brands are pushing out their exclusive festive sets. Actually, this is the best time to shop for these sets because they are value for money.

Yesterday, I was set to to buy the brush set from MAC, which unfortunately, was out of stock in 1 Utama. I was put on a waiting list and decided to drop by Laura Mercier cos I need to pick up a blusher from there. Lo and behold! Their Holiday 2011 was on display and they looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Seriously, I am in awe till now.

My eyes were drawn to this particular set- Laura Mercier Luxe Colour Porfolio. The contents of this kit is:
6 very wearable powder eyeshadows, three cake liners, two powder blushes and three travel-size eye brushes.  I love everything about it. From the packaging and all the way to the brushes!

Wanna take a peak into this gorgeous set?



The packaging is gorgeous. I think this year, Laura Mercier's Holiday Sets outshines the rest. It is a better offering than MAC and Bobbi Brown. I love the very sleek magnetic clasp ( shown below )



Now, lets see the colours....drumroll....




Isn't it just lovely? The colours are all very wearable, suitable for both night and day. What I read from other reviews is that all the colours are very pigmented. I had been wanting to buy myself an eyeliner but hesitant all these while because I couldn't find one that is long lasting and one that doesn't give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. After doing some research on the web, I find out that LM eyeliners are the best. It is versatile to act as a normal eyeliner and excellent especially for doing tight lining. If you have very sensitive eyes, this is for you.

I've tried both the blushers at the counter before purchasing and these colours are just lovely on me. It gives me a very natural blush on the cheeks. Again, the colours are very pigmented. Armed with a soft hand, a little goes a long way.

Now, on to the brushes. The included travel size brushes are: Mini Ponytail Brush ( blending eyeshadow brush, similar to MAC 217 ), Mini Crease Brush ( for eye crease work or precise application ) and Mini Flat Eye Liner Brush. I must say, I prefer these brushes than MAC's because it is softer, dense and gentle to skin. ( I appreciate it much more after doing some online research! )

I must say that this palette is pretty amazing and value for money too...and that is why I had to post this as quickly as possible, just to share it with all of you to grab this before it fly off the shelves! Even at RM 375, this is a good deal palette. The 14 pieces of item work out to just RM 26 each. The blusher itself is selling at RM 95 each! So, you do the math.

Do bear in mind that the blushes and eyeshadows are the actual size pan. For the eyeliner, what I understand is it is slightly smaller than the normal one.  

They have a few ranges and now, I am considering if I should get their brush set as well.:D 

This item was purchased by me for my personal purposes. This review is based on my honest and personal experience with this product and is not influenced by any parties.

4 comments:

  1. the packaging looks really pretty! i would have gotten it too if i didn't already have many shadows. one one fall back i found about huge palette like this is the storage :( easy to store but hogs a big space

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is, that is why I love it! The size is good for travelling, not too big...just fits comfortably in your hands, it is like a mini purse. They have other sets as well, the brush and lippie range is very impressive.

    The huge palette you've got is from EL or Urban Decay? Their's are usually big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved the Laura Mercier luxe portfolio and purchased it as I have used many, many LM products in the past and was always satisfied. Until New Year's Eve when I used the eye makeup and ended up in the emergency room with an extreme eye allergy!! I have contacted both the store I purchased it in and LM and will be filing a claim for reimbursement of ER and Eye Doctor expenses! VS

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Really hope your eye is ok now. Maybe a change in formula may have caused the allergy. I think you are lucky that LM reimburse your medical expenses ( which is very rare ). Here in Malaysia, I seriously doubt that we can make any claims.:P
    I've used the eye shadows and eyeliner many times so far, I don't have any problems.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...