Tuesday 3 May 2011

Do you ask for samples before you purchase?


Many of us do read reviews from blogs and sometimes, we are so tempted to run out and grab that product as quick as we can. And we, mentally telling ourselves, that " if it works for her, it will work for me". This is not the case and we have to be wise to know what we will be investing. I am particularly careful about using new skincare products before I make a full purchase and that is why I will brace myself to the counter and ask for a few samples to try. Do keep in mind that I don't usually change my skincare products and has always been faithful to using a particular brand for sometime...until recently, I have decided to make a haul. Honestly, skin care products don't come cheap and many would agree that it's getting more expensive each year. And each year, the cosmetic companies will come out with something new and we will end up buying things that we don't need it at the point. ( Ok...I will further elaborate on that matter next time ) Now, coming back to the main point, do you ask for samples before you make a purchase? I think it's most important because we need to test out first whether the particular product will suit your skin condition. We may not be able to see the results so soon but we can have a 'preview' on the texture or scent, or absorption level. 

On my recent experience, I have asked for several samples from several brands, some will gladly provide but some won't and will have the thought 'that we are looking for freebies' Sigh! Anyways, I will give at least 1 to 2 weeks to try before I move on to another, just so, it will have sufficient time to see if I liked the products or not. Sadly, some products worked and some don't. Here is the list:

Sample product that works for me:
Clarins : Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter, Hydraquench Cream-Mask and White Plus Intensive Whitening Smoothing Serum.
L'occitane: Immortelle Eye Balm
Estee Lauder: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex and Advanced Night Repair Eye.

Sample product that dont't work for me:
Clarins : Hydraquench Intensive Bi-Phase Serum and Hydraquench Cream.
L'occitane: Very Precious Cream
Estee Lauder: Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme
Clinelle: Moisture Glow
Dermalogica: Skin Smoothing Cream, Age Smart Skin Resurfacer, Bioxil Calming Face Oil

By trying out some products, I actually learn that my skin is really more on the dehydrated type and it needed a good face oil, topped with my current intensive moisturiser. I have also obtained knowladge about the ingredients of the samples I've tried, to see if it contains harmful ingredients or not. Lastly, see if the products is worth to purchase.
So, go out there, get a sample ( if they provide ) and try out before you make the full purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...