Wednesday 20 April 2011

Review Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant 75ml RM 228

I went for my monthly facial recently and was happy to hear from my therapist that my skin condition has improved. My blackheads seems to be less than usual and extraction was far easier than before. I went back and traced back the steps of my 'new and improved' daily beauty regime to identify what could have contributed this. I know that one of the main contributors is the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, which I have incorporated to my regime. I was previously using Aesop's Tea Tree Leaf Facial Exfoliant and decided to change as my skin seemed to be not improving. This is one of Dermalogica's best selling item and there were many good reviews from users.

This unique Rice-based powder formula activates upin contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Our unique Skin Brightening Complex helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Gingko and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed.

Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose Talc, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Oryza Sativa( Rice ) Bran, Oryza Sativa ( Rice ) Starch, PCA, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Limonene, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Salicylic Acid, Citrus Grandis( Grapefruit ) Peel Oil, Papain, Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice ) Root Extract, Cyclodextrin, Melaleuca Alternifolia ( Tea Tree ) Leaf Oil, Titanium Dioxide ( CI 77891 )

My Experience:
After cleansing, dispense about an amount of half  a teapoon unto wet palm and carefully create a creamy paste by massaging with water. I like the texture and the gentleness of it and it is not so course as other exfoliants that I've used before. After massaging for about one minute, rinse with tepid water. My skin does feel smoother, especially around my nose area and I don't feel tightness at all. Usually, I would proceed with gentle extraction especially my nose area and I was surprised that after using the microfoliant for about 2 weeks, most whiteheads were easily extracted. ( Another contributing factor to the hydration could be the L'occitane Ma Creme ). I find that my hydration level have increased by exfoliating 2-3 times weekly and that the skin is able to absorb more of the goodness of a good moisturiser. I am very happy with the results and how it is working out for me. Recently, I started to have sensitive skin again, especially at my cheek areas and I was concerned that could the exfoliating be contributing to this? I have decided to decrease the exfoliating time to 2 times weekly and try not to introduce new 'moisturisers' too much as it may be the cause of it.( At this time, I started to sample L'occitane's Very Precious Cream for two days and decided to stop ) 

Overall:
I would rate this product 4.5 of out 5. It worked very well for my skin and I do see improvements especially at my nose area and  increase of hydration. My skin is smoother, though I do not see improvements for my uneven skin tone and my pigmentations. Well, any product can't work wonders at the same time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...